Finding The Legs


With three races under the belt, I'm already starting to feel improvements in my performances. As the first race being a Belgium Cup(Gent-Staden), it was a real leg opener for me but enjoying every minute of it. It was also the first race for others riding, so it was key to stay up at the front of the peloton at all times to avoid crashes. The race distance was 155km which is also the longest race I've competed in. Around 65km in, a cobble section was approaching, so it was vital to be at the front which thankfully I was. Managing to stay at the front over the cobbles, I made the split of around 30 riders, but struggled to stay in tact. With a lot of crosswind I found myself tailing off the back due to the fact of not having the race pace, so the best thing to do was to drop back into another group behind. With a start list of 190 riders, only 90 finishing I rolled in 75th. unfortunately suffering with cramp in the later stages. Overall I was happy with my ride and so were the team.

Since Gent-Staden I have ridden two local Kermesse races. First of them being Molenbeek-Wersbeek, finishing 21st, and recently Nieuwrode, which I placed 19th. Local Kermesse's set you up for bigger races.. for example Inter-clubs and Belgium Cups which I hope to learn a lot from.


Thanks for reading.













Comments