Winter Is Coming To A Close...


The Dave Rayner Fund

2016 has already started on a high, due to being supported by The Dave Rayner Fund for a second season running, which I'm excited to be apart of. Without this kind of support from the fund I wouldn't be chasing the dream of one day becoming a professional cyclist, which is exactly what I want to be. So I am truly grateful to everyone on board, and making it possible.

The Winter Period

I am very pleased with how my winter training has gone back in the Isle of Man. When the 2015 season came to a close, I went back to the drawing board to see what needed to be improved. I now feel I have addressed these weaknesses, but we'll see when the racing gets under way. The weather makes training tough, but some day's you just have to commit whether it's raining or not, especially when you need to get a good block of training done. A good block of training normally happens when MotoGP's Cal Crutchlow is home. He doesn't care if it's Gale force winds or hammering down with rain, he will ride no matter what. I'd like to say he's a good friend of mine with a great sense of humour, which always helps on rides lasting up to 5 hours around the Island's roads. You may think training on the Isle of Man is boring, but it has it's fair share of challenges to say the least. Belgium on the other hand  is flat, with climbs at a minimum.   




2016 Kit


If you haven't seen already, this is our new Jersey for 2016. The Team & Verge have done a great job with the design, with a few new sponsors on board also.  





First Race on the Calender. 

The season kicks off for ILLI-Bikes on the 28th February starting with a Belgium Cup (Gent-Staden). This was my first race as an U-23, so it would be pretty special to race this one again, just to see how much I've progressed over the past 12 Months. I will be heading back to Belgium on the 17th-18th February, so if  selected I will have some time to settle in & set the new race bike up. 


I hope you enjoyed the read,

Keep you updated.




Comments