Stepping It Up A Gear


Since my last blog update there have been mostly positives but also minor negatives. Firstly I'd like to talk about the positives, starting with the trip back home in April. To represent the Isle of Man in the prestigious Manx International was an amazing experience to say the least, and finishing three laps of the TT course was even more special. Being based over here in Belgium for just over a month without any climbing wasn't the best preparation as you can't really find a climb that is just under 20 minutes long. I took a couple of trips to the Ardennes but it wasn't enough. All I could do on the day was try my best and see where it got me. To be fair I surprised myself in the end result & was just happy to finish the full 180km, which is the longest distance I have raced.




Ever since the trip back to the IOM I've gained more motivation & confidence in races as I'm not too far off the level of the British continental guys, which helps going into the National champs in June.

Here are my results over the past month or so...:

Most recent at the top.


10/5/16 Booischot Elite-U-23 120km 6th

4/5/16 Beveren-Waas Elite-U-23 118km 10th

30/4/16 Menen Classic IC Elite-U-23 Cancelled

23/4/16: Zandhoven IC Elite-U-23 127km 31st

17/4/16:  Niel Kermesse Elite-U-23 120km 11th

10/4/16: Manx International (BC Spring series) Elite 180km 52nd

6/4/16: Scheldeprijs Interclub Elite-U-23 140km 36th



Recently I have been feeling better & better on the bike but unfortunately, over the past couple of days I have caught a stomach bug & chesty cough. I was down to ride an Interclub close by in Averbode tomorrow where I hoped to perform well, but in this state I will not be able to race and be competitive. I am hoping this doesn't effect me too much once I'm over the illness and can continue building the form.



 Action Shots:





  













Thanks again to the daveraynerfundJamesBerryFund & luviair.


I hope you enjoyed the read.

Keep you updated.






Comments