Season Summary

This season has been full of ups & downs but that's the way cycling goes sometimes.

I had a strong start to 2016, consistently finishing higher up in all races I had competed in the previous year, which gave me confidence for the rest of the season. Things were going well going into May where I claimed two top 10 finishes in the space of a few days. The day where I picked up my second top 10, it was raining real heavy throughout the whole race. I woke up the next morning with a sore throat and a nasty cold, putting me off my bike for a week. After the first week I didn't seem to be getting better so went to the Doctors. They said that it was hay fever so gave me some antihistamines to try and see if it would help. It helped a little but still didn't explain the reason why I was feeling bad on the bike. Ever since then up to late June/July I had never really recovered. I went to my GP in the Isle of Man after the National Champs, where he gave me some medication & told me to not touch my bike for a week. In doing so, I was back to normal, in health terms, on the bike, not so much.

It has taken a while for me to get back to a competitive level, but ever since recovering from 2 months of on and off illness I'm glad to be giving it my all in every race however good or bad the result is.

The season has not come to an end yet but all of my main races including Belgian cups & Interclubs have finished. There are still plenty of Kermesse races where I hope to try and do well in before heading back home to the Isle of Man for the winter.

I am content with how my season has gone despite the obstacles that have got in my way at times through the year.


I'd like to say a huge thank you to all of my Sponsors/Funding throughout the 2016 season where I hope that it can continue into the future. These include:

luviair
JamesBerryFund 
daveraynerfund

Thanks for the read.

Here are some pictures throughout the year:






Comments