Half Way Through // Half Way To Go

Having reached the half way point in the season, I thought I'd  give you all reading a brief summary of how things have been.

Personally, my favourite moments so far have for sure been Kerry Group Ras Mumhan, The British National Championships & my two podium places. I first started off with the two podium places early on in the season which gave me a huge boost confidence wise. These two third places set me up for the Ras Mumhan then where I believed I could gain a qualification standard for the commonwealth games in 2018. I successfully did that not once but twice, finishing 4th on stage 3, 4th overall in General Classification & 1st place in the Under 23 Category.


 


Having the  British National Championships on home roads was a special moment for me even though only a few days before I didn't think I'd be starting due to a knee problem reoccurring during an endurance ride only 1 after arriving home. Thankfully with the help of Kate Stobart at Rehab lab I was able to take to the start after having the knee strapped up. On race day I had to focus purely on the race & not how my knee was going to hold up. I was a little cautious at the start of the race to be honest but thankfully I didn't get any twinges or pain at all. I also dropped my saddle a little so when I hit the climb there wouldn't be as much pressure on the part that was giving me trouble. I trained really hard building up for the nationals and the hard work seemed to pay off as I was given a finishing position of 8th Under 23. Unfortunately though, we were pulled out of the race without warning so I could have been fighting for the last step on the podium in the U-23 Category. Anyways it was an amazing experience & I loved every second of it.


My calendar is slowly getting busier as I started Ronde Van Vlaams Brabant on the 26th-30th  July & soon after I travel to Ireland for Suir Valley 3 day starting on the 5th August.

If anyone is interested my results throughout the season are on the link >   http://firstcycling.com/rider.php?r=38328

Huge thanks goes to all my sponsors for making this possible: Luvi-AirJamesBerryFundrehablabphysio & Patricia-Wild-The-Opticians-

Thanks for reading.


Here are some of my favourite pictures:


(Gary Main)

(Wayne Hargrave)

(British Cycling)

(Martin Hall)

(Martin Hall)

Comments