Mixing It Up

It's been a couple of months now since my last update, so now is probably best to keep you all informed about my season and trying something new.


This season I feel has been pretty consistent results wise, finishing inside the top 20 in almost every National Road Series event so far with the last round coming up this weekend in Ryedale where I'm hoping to go a few places higher. Just missing out on a few top 20's in UCI races I feel like I've taken a big leap forward in my development as a rider and I'm eager to keep on pushing on. Some of you may already know but I decided to have a dabble at some XC racing this season too. Having entered the Manx 100 in co-operation with the National Marathon Championships, I decided in order to see where my level was at, I would race the National XC Champs the week before. I surprised myself, placing 14th with only a margin of 20 seconds to a top ten in the final 2 laps which gave me great confidence. When the Marathon champs came around the typical Manx weather arrived. The day before, sun and 18 degrees,  race day rain and 5 degrees. It didn't really bother me to begin with as I was in the leading group of three but when we got to the higher points that's where the cold hit me. After shivering my way down ballacob I started feeling ill. I could hardly change gear and could barely each anything with 15km to go. Having reached the crucial climb still with the leaders, I inevitably blew up. i kept on fighting away to hold on to a podium position but even that wasn't possible in the end after being passed with 3km to go. I made a few mistakes on my behalf but I will definitely learn from them for next time.

For now, I am back on the road bike hoping to end the British scene on a high at Ryedale with the possibility of racing in Europe throughout September too. 






(Velo UK Pics)



       For anyone interested I have listed some of my notable results this season below:




 2.NCC three-day race  19th Manx International GP

04.stage  18th Manx International GP  
2.NCC 01.stage  8th Manx International GP 
One Day Race  4th  British XC Marathon Championship
 One Day Race 14th  British XC National Champioships
1.NCC One-day race 17th Beaumont Trophy -
1.NRC One-day race  16th   Circuit of the Mendips -
1.NRC One-day race  18th  Lancaster GP -
1.12B One-day race  12th  Zwijndrecht -
UCI 2.2 01.stage  21st  Baltyk - Karkonosze 1
UCI 1.2 One-day race  26th Rutland - Melton Classic 2
NE Stage race  10th  Tour of the North -
NE 04.stage  10th Tour of the North -
NE 03.stage  2nd Tour of the North -
1.NRC One-day race  17th Klondike GP

Thanks for reading,
Leon

Comments