2019 SEASON WITH SPIRIT TIFOSI

This has been in the pipeline for a little while, I wanted to express my thoughts and feelings on how enjoyable this season has been with Spirit Tifosi, on and off the bike.

I remember the first day I met our team boss Russ at the last Cyclocross National Trophy round in Shrewsbury where he travelled 2hr 30 just to drop some kit off and watch the race.
Ever since then I knew it was going to be a great year with his words of wisdom and passion for the sport. I met the rest of the team at different points in throughout the year, some at the early National B's and some at the first round of the National Road Series in April.

Everyone in the squad gelled really well and we had a great laugh from the get go.
Some races didn't go to plan, we would all move on and learn from our mistakes and by mid season we were riding as a unit on the bike better than ever. This is when some real strong results started to show with Tom finishing 8th in Stockton & also myself and Rupert getting up there too, with the help and support from the team and guidance from Russ. 

I have a lot to thank Russ for, not only on a team note but also on a personal level. He has welcomed myself & Tom into his home on numerous occasions, whenever there was a races down south or before travelling to Poland and Belgium. I hugely respect him and even more so as he works full time too.

Huge thanks to everyone who helped the team throughout the year, from handing bottles up, preparing race food, pumping tyres up.

Another big thanks to all of the sponsors who I'll list below:

SPIRIT TIFOSI
VERGE SPORT
PERFECT PIPEWORK
BONTRAGER
PROLOGO
SCHWALBE
MICHE
VELOTOZE
KITBRIX
KMC
DEDA
BSS
CAMPAGNOLO
CHICKEN CYCLES

It's been a season full of great memories and opportunities that will stay with me for a lifetime which have all been down to the riders & staff. I also have to say a big thanks to Mark for taking me under his wing and coaching me through the final part of the season.

Here are my two favourite images below.








Comments