AS THE ROAD SEASON ENDS ANOTHER SEASON STARTS



My road season has finished a little earlier than usual but that's because I'm taking on a new challenge.

First of all I would like to talk about how my road season went, in my eyes. I would class this year as my first proper season in the UK even though riding for Holdsworth last season, I only rode one Premier Calendar. One thing for sure is that the level in the UK is very good. You see some riders that were at pro continental level last year only managing a top 10, so it shows how strong some riders are here. I feel like I have proved myself, consistency wise but just needing a bit extra to be battling with the best. One thing I wanted to focus on this year was my consistency & I think I've shown that. Maybe it's not in the top 10 or top 15 just yet but top 20 is a start. Most of these guys ahead of me have been in the game for a long time so the experience is there, as where I'm pretty much going in blind for most of the national road series.

This season I also added some mountain biking into the program which I enjoyed doing something a little different. With my first attempts at two different Mountain Bike National Championships I finished 4th & 14th which isn't too bad at all.




I have enjoyed many races this year but my favourites have to be Cicle Classic & the IOM 3 day. Ever since I rode Cicle as a Junior I always wanted to come back for the UCI version which I was unfortunate to miss out last season with Holdsworth. I got my chance this year and finished a reasonable 26th too after a attack in the final kilometres.




Of course I loved racing on home roads, who doesn't? The weather may not have been the best but I thoroughly enjoyed the home crowds and racing. With it being a three day event, there were plenty of opportunities for the locals with my brother Tom finishing 2nd on stage 3 narrowly behind Olympic champion Ed Clancy.


 Patricia Wild Opticians



I am satisfied with how I have performed as a whole but know I have some work to do this winter to better myself and work hard on some minor weaknesses. 

Some of you may know myself & my brother Tom will be competing in something new this winter where you can find & follow our plans in this link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxN4WTS5mOY&t=56s
LIKE & SUBSCRIBE



Most importantly, thank you to my family & the following for the unbelievable support:

LUVI AIR LTD
LMS Partners
http://www.patwild.co.uk/
Rehab Lab
Isle of Man Sport
Cavendish Scholarship

Thank you & stay tuned












       

Comments